Pages

Freitag, 17. April 2015

Time-out

I'm feeling better - Not better, as in all better and back to my old normal self, but I'm definitely not feeling as poorly as I did. 
After 2 weeks of not being able to move without going into a coughing fit, wheezing like wheezy from toy story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh6KGSPB2ZU and constantly tripping over my O2 line, I'm finally able to turn off my concentrator, unplug it and hide it in my wardrobe behind my clothes. (Insert happy dance here)

I've wanted to become a doctor ever since being a little girl. My dolls and sister constantly were wrapped up in bandages and plasters.
We had this book about typical childhood illnesses at home...
A thick book with a white cover and black lettering - Nothing special really. But I remember pulling it out of the shelf and starting flipping through the pages...That was probably the moment my fascination for the human body was born.

Years later the human body still fascinates me, I still want to become a doctor but instead of my sister and dolls it's me, who is now covered in plasters from blood tests and hooked up to plastic tubing when my lungs decide they have worked too much and need some extra help....The hardest part is that it's not a game, there’s no time-out and I can't just get up and walk away when I had enough.

When I yank the plaster off my skin there's still the bruise.
When I don't need my supplemental oxygen that doesn't mean my Asthma is gone and I'm cured.

I'm frustrated and annoyed that not everyone's body works like it should. 
Why can some people stuff their faces with fast food, smoke two packets of cigarettes a day, get drunk every weekend and still seem to be healthy? 
Why are a lot of those who don't take care of their bodies able to work towards achieving their dreams and goals?

Why do people get sick anyway? And why don't all of them get better again, despite following their treatment plans, eating healthy, sleeping enough and making sure they listen to their bodies?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen